Monday 17 October 2016

STEPHAN'S SIX - GRAHAM SEED


On 2nd January 2011 Radio 4's listeners said goodbye to Nigel Pargetter. A long running character in The Archers, he fell off the top of his ancestral pile while removing a New Year banner in icy conditions! It could only happen in a soap opera. A regular since 1983, Graham had already had a successful career with appearances in I Claudius, Bergerac and Brideshead Revisited, but away from Borsetshire what would we find out about the real Graham Seed during "Stephan's Six"?

What is the first smell that you can remember?
That would have to be Johnson's Baby Powder. It always makes me think of bath time, of soft clean skin ... and of course bed time stories. [The Library of Fragrance do a scent called Baby Powder which will definitely bring back those memories].

What was the first perfume you remember your mum or dad wearing?
It rather depresses me to have to admit it but I have no memories of my parents scent at all! I wonder why?

What was the perfume of your twenties?
Oh this would have to be Old Spice After Shave. I can still remember the shape of the bottle and the logo very clearly, and the sting of splashing it on a freshly shaven face. Ouch!

What was your biggest perfume mistake?
Perfume has always appeared a rather extravagant luxury to me, and one which I've recently realised I know too little about. What I do remember though is once dropping a bottle of ridiculously expensive perfume in the sink. I still feel rather haunted by it.

You can only choose one perfume?
I would have to go for the original Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene. It's such a wonderfully classic perfume and everyone seems to have heard of it. It's subtle, unusual, masculine and good value.

What perfume should I try?
I don't know the answer to that one. You tell me! At the moment I am rather keen on unusual shaving creams. [I take that as a challenge so there are two that I would recommend, Windsor by D.R. Harris and Sandalwood by Taylor of Old Bond Street. Both come as fragrance and shaving cream].

Graham is currently touring the UK in the play Dead Sheep and for details you can visit www.deadsheepontour.co.uk, or for more information on Graham Seed you can visit his website at www.grahamseed.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment